In 2007, Yabang Pinoy began staging one of its core projects which is Global Pinoy Bazaar— a program that gathers different Filipino-made brands which transcends a message that locally-produced goods in the Philippines are world-class and can compete to the demands of the international market. In the following years, the movement gained traction in pulling together several Filipino brands which are not only excellent in quality but also proudly-made in the country.
Fastforward to 2012, Yabang Pinoy launched a campaign called “PHmade: It’s Worth Buying For” where the movement catalogued all the existing Filipino brands that are present in the market, whether they are food and beverage, clothing and footwear, home care, technology, personal care, arts and crafts, or accessories. This campaign is also the movement’s support to the revival of “Made in the Philippines Week” which was promulgated by former President Manuel L. Quezon.
This year, Yabang Pinoy, in partnership with Globe myBusiness, is spearheading another monumental program called “Go Global With Your Brand”. This project is the ‘next best action’ of the movement; envisioning local enterprises who have proven to the buying public that they are brand leaders to step forward and reach out to the market beyond the Philippine borders. In this program, Yabang Pinoy and Globe myBusiness will choose five (5) brands from among the entries who will have the chance to join ‘The Social Exchange’ in Waterway Point in Singapore from August 7-13, 2017. To join this program, interested brands must meet the following:
- Must be residents of the Philippines
- Brands/businesses are DTI-registered
- Must have online presences (Website, Facebook, Instagram)
- Capable of sending products abroad
- Must have joined Global Pinoy Bazaar at least once or will join this year’s Global Pinoy Bazaar
- Must be an existing Globe myBusiness customer
Qualified entrepreneurs for this program must submit the following:
- Company Profile (with resume of the owner/founder of the brand);
- An original entrepreneurial concept;
- A video (not more than 5 minutes) introducing, explaining and showcasing their brands.
Application period is from June 12-23, 2017 while the selection process is from June 29-30, 2017. Announcement of winners will be on June 30, 2017 at Globe Tower in Taguig City.
For questions on how to join the program, you may call or text 0916-4233214 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.